Thursday, November 23, 2017

How Travel Has Changed My Life

In most cases, I travel by car. But, in recent years, I’ve been travelling by plane and most of the time, Air Asia Malaysia  comes to the rescue whenever I’m about to fly to Labuan or Penang, where my hometown is. As much as I love roads and trees, I also love to collect cloud moments. Yes, clouds bring joy into my life. 


My first time with Air Asia: Above the sky


I was struck by this sight 

I can’t express how amazing it feels to know how travel has changed over the last 100 years and precisely on how travel bookings can be made. There is always an imaginary world inside every person and mine happens to wonder how it would’ve been if technology has no impact on society.


When I first booked my flight tickets to Labuan back in 2014, I was totally clueless. Helpless. I was not aware of the booking that was made. Be it my flight or my hotel. To cut a long story short, I went through a storm before landing at the Federal Territory of Labuan. Suppose you never knew the existence of Labuan, have a glance at the map below. 



Labuan Map


A map of Labuan island including the outlying islands 


Spinning my head into the airline schedules and making price comparisons of the flights were once an organisational nightmare to me. I still do have nightmares but not regarding my flights and destinations.

As Prince has quoted, there's always a rainbow at the end of every rain. I could totally relate to this.
I got to know about Traveloka only after going through a hassle of booking a flight. I read a lot to educate myself to know travel booking sites better and that’s how I was introduced to Traveloka – Where travel is made simple. It was founded in 2012 but I’ve come to know its existence only 3 years later. It’s better late than never, right?

In case you didn’t know, Traveloka is one of the leading online travel booking platform in Southeast Asia with a mission to make travelling simple and more convenient. I’m sure most of you would have known but if you don’t, you got to check out on their website to book your flight tickets in a simple and compelling way. 


Traveloka App on Google Play


This was probably my next happiest moment. I found the app on Google Play! That means all our flight and hotel bookings can be accessible while we’re on the move. Also, as technology has much improved, I spend most of my time exploring stuffs in my smartphone. Wait, most of us do that. Therefore, I don’t have to dig in back into my email to retrieve my bookings. Isn’t that pretty relieving? How can I not be happy about it? Tell me!


Experienced or first-timer, young or old, I’m pretty sure all of us would want a smooth process of a detailed flight or hotel booking. Not forgetting cheap flights where I think it is necessary for every student who fly (like me) or budget travellers to plan your itinerary well. The quickest way to save your cost on flight tickets is by being smart enough to constantly check for low fares to ensure you don’t miss out their promotions and cheap flights! Who wouldn’t want a cheap flight, right?


UMSKAL - where my degree journey started..




View from my campus 

My first time to Labuan was an unforgettable experience as I had so much ups and downs. However, it is one of the most beautiful place which is close to my heart right now. Labuan is a small duty-free island off the coast of Sabah in Borneo drawing the crowds with secluded beaches, friendly locals, tax-free prices on selected chocolates and alcohol, nightlife and hassle-free roads.

Previously, I wrote on my journey to Pulau Papan which is one of the outlying islands of Labuan so be sure to read and plan your trip here too! 



View at Palm Beach Resort, Labuan, Malaysia


This must be exciting for some of you, but, I wouldn’t reveal further on things you can do in Labuan and eateries to go without knowing you’ve booked your next flight to Labuan. Kidding. I will be sharing places to go in Labuan in my future posts so make sure to plan a visit before I leave Labuan in a year time. Also, don’t forget to check on Air Asia frequently to save your cost of flight tickets so that you can spend more on chocolates and beer when you are in Labuan.   


And, cheers to many more travel stories and experiences! Can't wait to explore and share more to you people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Travel Has Changed My Life

In most cases, I travel by car. But, in recent years, I’ve been travelling by plane and most of the time,  Air Asia Malaysia  comes to the...